The Center for Health IPE is committed to changing health care culture by transforming health care teams. In service of this vision, we're excited to bring the national T3 Interprofessional Team Development Program (T3 ITDP) to UT Austin. Our next training will be held from May 23-26, 2022 via an online format. Continuing education credits for many professions are available through our partnership with the National Center for IPE. These trainings sell out, so don't delay in registering your team.
Please contact us if you are interested in signing up for the May 2022 training.
About the T3 Interprofessional Team Development Program
T3 ITDP is an immersive training that gives teams the tools to design and implement effective interprofessional education and collaborative practice projects at their institutions. It is specifically designed for practitioners, educators, administrators, and other professionals involved in health, health care delivery, and/or health care education. It is developed and led by health care leaders who are trained in and passionate about collaborative, team-based health care, professional development, and assessment and evaluation. Through a blend of theory bursts, group activities, and focused project time, team members will develop professional leadership skills and strengthen team dynamics to increase project success. The Center for Health IPE is partnering with the National Center for Interprofessional Practice and Education to facilitate this training and has guidance from the University of Virginia Center for Interprofessional Collaborations and the University of Washington Center for Health Sciences Interprofessional Education, Research, and Practice.
Download the flyer here.
T3 ITDP Austin Core Faculty Planning Team
- Lauren El-Assad, LCSW, Assistant Director, Center for Health IPE
- Barbara Jones, PhD, MSW, FNAP, Associate Dean for Health Affairs and Co-Director for Institute for Collaborative Health Research and Practice, Steve Hicks School of Social Work; Inaugural Chair of the Department of Health Social Work, Dell Medical School
- John Luk, MD, Assistant Dean of Interprofessional Integration, Dell Medical School
- Stephanie Morgan, PhD, RN, FNP-BC, Clinical Professor and Director of Practice Innovation, School of Nursing
- Dan Richards, MD, Associate Chair for Medical Education, Dell Medical School
- Dede Sparks, LMSW, Assistant Dean for Health Affairs, Steve Hicks School of Social Work
- Gayle Timmerman, PhD, RN, CNS, FAAN, Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, School of Nursing
- Veronica Young, PharmD, MPH, Director, Center for Health IPE; Director for IPE and Clinical Professor, College of Pharmacy
Upcoming T3 Dates
- January 9-12, 2023 (online)
- May 22-25, 2023 (format TBD)
“This conference has been life-changing for our entire team. The sessions are thoughtfully planned to build both professional and personal leadership skills to ensure success in our goals. I’m impressed by the incredibly organic team development that is happening. We are building a team that is going to be the future of IPE at UT Health.” - T3 participant from UT Health Houston
"The T3 training was masterfully organized and well executed…It was by far one of the best training conferences I’ve attended, whether online or in-person.” -T3 participant from the University of Texas Medical Branch - Galveston