Invest in Collaborative Health Care Education and Practice
The Center for Health IPE is transforming health care education by bringing students, faculty, and practitioners across health professions together to strengthen interprofessional collaborative practice and team-based care. Effective teamwork and collaboration improves the delivery of quality, safe, and equitable care and fosters a collaborative health care culture that supports provider and staff well-being. Read below to find out how you can support interprofessional practice and education (IPE).
In 2017, the Office of the Executive Vice President and Provost committed 5 years of funding for faculty champions to build the HIPE Center, agreeing with leadership from Dell Medical School, the College of Pharmacy, the School of Nursing, and the Steve Hicks School of Social Work that central leadership is needed to advance health care education transformation. Since our launch, the HIPE Center has laid the foundation to integrate interprofessional education among health professions programs at UT Austin and prepare a collaboration-ready workforce to improve the delivery of quality team-based care.
Establish a Legacy by Transforming Health Care Education
Your gift supports interprofessional health care education and practice initiatives, including:
A core curriculum that prepares a collaboration-ready workforce through quality IPE offerings that are embedded into curricula
- Specialized trainings for health care teams to strengthen interprofessional teamwork skills
- Student health care-focused organizations that foster leadership and support co-curricular opportunities, such as representing UT Austin in a national health care case competition
- Multi-year delivery of interprofessional social determinants of health virtual simulations that bring students, practitioners, faculty, and community together to build collaboration and awareness
- Interprofessional poster showcase for students & residents to present health-related projects
- IP Peer Health Consulting program that bridges student collaboration and community connection
Your support transforms health professions education and health care practice.
Contact us to understand how IPE is a critical component of health care education and to know more about specific ways your gift can make an impact.