The Center for Health Interprofessional Practice and Education (IPE) will induct its first class of Health IPE Fellows at a private ceremony and reception on Friday, Nov. 1, 2019, at Dell Medical School’s Health Learning Building. The 2019 inductees are:
College of Pharmacy
M. Lynn Crismon, Pharm.D., Dean
Patrick Davis, Ph.D., Professor
Lucas Hill, Pharm.D., BCPS, Clinical Assistant Professor
Dell Medical School
- Clay Johnston, M.D., Ph.D., Dean
- Rich Bottner, PA-C, Clinical Assistant Professor
- Dan Richards, M.D., Associate Chair for Education
School of Nursing
- Alexa Stuifbergen, Ph.D., RN, Dean
- Lori Haertel, Ph.D., RN, CS, ARNP, Clinical Assistant Professor
- Stephanie Morgan, Ph.D., RN, FNP-BN, Director of Practice Innovation, Clinical Professor
Steve Hicks School of Social Work
- Luis Zayas, Ph.D., Dean
- Farya Phillips, Ph.D., CCLS, Research Assistant Professor
- Dede Sparks, LMSW, Assistant Dean for Health Affairs, Clinical Associate Professor
The invitation-only ceremony will be led by the Center for Health IPE Founding Steering Committee members: Barbara Jones, Ph.D., MSW (Steve Hicks School of Social Work), John Luk, M.D. (Dell Medical School), Gayle Timmerman, Ph.D., RN (School of Nursing), and Veronica Young, Pharm.D., M.P.H. (College of Pharmacy and Director of the Center for Health IPE).
Health IPE Fellows represent the highest level of IPE ambassadorship and promote interprofessional education and practice among health professions learners in all stages of their careers. Through their contributions to teaching, scholarship, and service, Health IPE Fellows transform health care delivery and advance population health.
About the Center for Health IPE
The UT Austin Center for Health Interprofessional Practice and Education’s mission is to lead innovative interprofessional education, practice, and scholarship that advances collaborative person-centered health care and population-oriented health. The Center for Health IPE is housed in the School of Nursing, 1710 Red River Street, Austin, Texas. Veronica Young, Director, may be reached at email@example.com and 512.475.9755. Lauren El-Assad, Program Manager, may be reached at lauren.el- firstname.lastname@example.org and 512.471.9606. Learn more at https://healthipe.utexas.edu.